Ashraya Yojana Karnataka | Basava Vasati Yojana – Ashraya Yojana Karnataka, also called as Basava Vasati Yojana, is an integrated housing program or scheme introduced by the Karnataka Government with an intention of identifying EWS (Economically weaker section) families and providing them with a shelter or rehabilitation for their living.
Basically Basava Vasati Yojana is introduced by RGRHCL (Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited) in 2022, in accordance with the objectives of PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana), which aims at solving the issues by providing shelter to each Indian and strengthening the rural parts of India.
Overview of the Ashraya Yojana Karnataka
|Name of the Scheme||Ashraya Yojana|
|Another Name||Basava Vasati Yojana|
|Type of the Scheme||Housing Scheme|
|Official Portal||Ashraya Portal|
|Authority Responsible||RGRHCL – Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited|
|Application Mode||Online form by Ashraya Portal|
|Official Website Link||https://ashraya.karnataka.gov.in/|
Basava Vasati Yojana 2022 or Ashraya Yojana is one of the other housing schemes in Karnataka. Other similar housing schemes like Ashraya Yojana are Devraj URS Housing Scheme, Dr B R Ambedkar Niwas Yojana, and Chief Ministers Multistorey Bangalore Housing Program. Each of these Housing schemes introduced by RGRHCL covers different sections of the society and is defined by different eligibility criteria in order to get benefited by these schemes.
Now, let’s have a brief learning on what is Basava Vasati Yojana, what are the eligibilities to apply for Ashraya Yojana, how to register for Ashraya Yojana and how to check the status of your application, and other required details in the further part of this article.
What is Basava Vasati Yojana and its objectives?
Due to the natural calamities and other economical issues, many people still doesn’t have a shelter to live, or they have lost their shelters during floods. It Was Implemented With The Intention Of avail affordable and eco-friendly houses to those economically struggling families, Ashraya Yojana was established in India. Basava Vasat Yojana was chartered/followed by Kudambashree Yojana, which had the similar intention.
Objectives of Ashraya Yojana Karnataka:
- To identify and help the economically weaker sections of the society
- To make eco-friendly and very affordable shelters for the needy people (for eligible people)
- To help the people get a living, who lost their shelters during natural calamities like floods and cyclone
- To develop the rural areas of Karnataka and strengthen their belief on the Government schemes
- Boosting the present Nirmithi Kendras and establishing new Kendras, and to promote cost-effective building technology, particularly in rural areas.
Also Read This-
Eligibility for Ashraya Scheme Karnataka :
In order to apply and get benefited by Basava Vasati Yojana, applicants must qualify the below mentioned eligibility conditions of the Government.
- Applicant must be of age above 18 years and must be a permanent resident of Karnataka State
- Annual income of the applicant will be considered for this eligibility, which should not be exceeding the defined limit of Rs.32000 per year
- Applicants must not have a permanent shelter in Karnataka (either rural or urban place). And should not be benefited by any other housing schemes of Karnataka and India.
Beneficiaries of this scheme will be selected by MLA and Gram Panchayati officials by a survey (defined by the Government). And final list of the beneficiaries will be chosen by the concerned scheme authorities.
That means, all the applicants may not be chosen for the Ashraya Scheme. Total estimated cost of the each house that will be constructed in Basava Vasati Yojana will be around Rs.1.5 lakh.
Documents required from applicants for Rajiv Gandhi Ashraya Yojana
- Aadhaar card and Pan Cad for the verification
- Income certificate to verify the economical status of the family
- Bank Passbook of the applicant
- Caste Certificate of the applicant
- Passport size recent photographs
- Valid contact details – mobile number and current address
How to Apply for Basava Vasati Yojana 2022
Interested and eligible people can apply for the Basava Vasati Yojana by visiting the official site of Ashraya by RGRHCL. As this is a Government scheme and many people may not know to operate the systems, local cyber cafes and gram panchayati offices are also helping people in order to apply for this Yojana.
- Visit the official portal of RGRHCL housing schemes – Ashraya Portal – https://ashraya.karnataka.gov.in/
- To get the detailed information on the Ashraya Yojana or Basava Vasathi Yojana, click on “Rural Projects” on the left side of the Home Page and select Basava Yojana.
- To submit the application, click on “Online Application” link on left side of the home page.
- You will be directed to the Registration or Login page of the Housing Scheme
- Now, select the district name and click submit, you will be shown a register/login form here.
- Fill the required details and proceed to the application form, upload the required documents and complete the application.
General information that will be asked by the applicants in Ashraya Scheme form is:
- Applicant’s full name (with parent and surname)
- Date of birth of the applicant
- Gender and current source of income details
- Income details in exact figure
- Income certificate issues by the Government
- Address details and district/ Village name of the applicant
How to check the Beneficiary Status after applying for Ashraya Scheme
Once the application is submitted, it is up to the scheme authorities to select the needy and eligible people for the scheme.
- Visit the Ashraya Portal for Ashraya Yojana Karnataka – https://ashraya.karnataka.gov.in/
- On the Home Page, select the Beneficiary Information or Beneficiary Status.
- Select your district name or district code and the Beneficiary code generated at the time of application and click submit.
- Beneficiary status will be shown now.
- As per the status, you can take the next actions like Name corrections/duplicate application/ more proof required/approved/rejected etc.
If any discrepancies are observed in the application, name correction report will be prepared by the authority. This can be seen and corrected on the Ashraya portal.
- On the Ashraya Yojana portal, select the option “Reports” on the Home page
- Once there, you can see a list of reports – select Name correction report in that
- Now, select the Rural or Urban details, and then select your district name and the scheme name.
- You will be shown the Beneficiary name and the correction details.
- Do the needful and submit the application.
Basava Vasati Yojana 2022 – How final beneficiaries will be selected?
- All the applications submitted for Ashraya Yojana Karnataka will be further scrutinized by the scheme authorities.
- Once all the applications are submitted, received from all the districts, Gram panchayati officials and MLA of the respective constituency will select and prepare the beneficiary list.
- After the approval of the conserved authority, a final list of beneficiaries will be uploaded on the Ashraya Portal.
- Once finalized, Government will start releasing the funds, unit cost of Rs.1.5 lakhs for the eligible beneficiaries.
Benefits of choosing Basava Vasati Yojana
With skillful officials and improved resources, the funds or the scheme grants will be released soon. For the people in below poverty line, this scheme wills them to increase the standard of living. Permanent housing or shelter will be made available to the people in poverty line this will allow the beneficiaries to have a customized shelter as per their dreams at affordable cost.
Important links of Ambedkar Basava Vasati Yojana Reports
|Event Name||Link to Check|
|Ashraya Yojana Portal||Click Here|
|Houseless families report||Click Here|
|Failed Payments||Click Here|
|Scheme Target Details||Click Here|
|Blocked Houses||Click Here|
|Name Correction Report||Click Here|
|Death Case Reports||Click Here|
|Fund Release Report||Click Here|
|Name Similarity report||Click Here|
Please note that, Ashraya portal is a centralized housing scheme portal online for all the schemes of the Karnataka Government. In order to check the reports, you need to select the scheme name and district name in each of the links mentioned above.
Official Portal Link- Click Here
Ashraya Yojana Karnataka FAQs
Q1- Is Ashraya Yojana Karnataka and Basava Vasati Yojana are same?
Yes, Both are same .
Q2- Who introduced Basava Vasati Yojana in Karnataka?
Basava Vasati Yojana is part of the RGRHCL housing schemes, introduced by the Government of Karnataka.
Q3- What is RGRHCL ?
RGRHCL means Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited is the authority board of Housing schemes, which is established in the year 2000.
Q4- I already own a house from Ambedkar Ashraya Yojana , can I again apply for Ambedkar Ashraya Yojana?
No, as mentioned above in eligibility, any people who has already benefited by other housing schemes in state or centralized level, should not apply for Ashraya Yojana.
Q5- Is Basava Vasati nigama housing scheme open to other state’s people to apply?
No, only the people of Karnataka can apply for Ashraya Yojana and get benefited.
Q6- How many people have applied for Ashraya Yojana in Karnataka?
Total report of the beneficiaries and other details can be found on the link mentioned in above table.
Q7- What the portal or website link to submit the Ashraya Yojana application?
Name of the Ashraya Yojana portal is https://ashraya.karnataka.gov.in/
Q8- What is the main objective of the Ashraya Yojana Scheme?
Main intention of this scheme is to provide affordable and easily accessible shelters to the economically weaker sections families, and to improve their loving standards.
Q9- Can General category people apply for this scheme?
Yes, General category members can also apply for Ambedkar Ashraya Yojana provided their family income is as mentioned above
Q10- Is Ambedkar Ashraya Yojana a Centralized housing scheme?
No, It is a state level housing scheme, designed for people of Karnataka.
Q11- What is the unit cost of each house that will be granted under Ashraya Yojana or Basava Vasati Yojana 2022?
As per the government guidelines, construction cost of each house granted under this scheme is around 1.5 lakh rupees.
Q12- Where can I check the complete official documents and guidelines of Ashraya Yojana or Basava Vasati Yojana?
You can follow this link to get the complete information of the Ashraya Yojana – Click Here
How can I know if my fund or grant is released against Ashraya Yojana application?
You can check the application and fund release status from the portal – under reports section select “Grant Release Report”. This will show a huge excel sheet with beneficiary name/scheme name and grant details.
Can I apply for Ashraya Yojana if my household income is 2.5 lakh per annum?
No, as per the designed eligibility, household income must be below 32000 in order to apply for this scheme.