Last updated on November 14th, 2023 at 04:33 pm
Gyan Sahayak Scheme 2023 | Gyan Sahayak Bharti Scheme | Gyan Sahayak Yojana | Gyan Sahayak School List
In July 2023, the Government of Gujarat introduced the Gyan Sahayak Scheme, a pivotal initiative to tackle teacher shortages in the state’s schools. This scheme, which aimed to recruit dedicated educators on a contractual basis, drew attention and sparked controversy right from its inception. Opposition came from student groups, political parties, and organizations like the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
Despite the initial resistance, the scheme holds immense potential to address teacher vacancies and ensure quality education for Gujarat’s students. In this article, let’s explore the key aspects of the Gyan Sahayak Scheme, including its objectives, features, eligibility criteria, and its significance in addressing teacher shortages in the state.
Dealing with Teacher Shortages in Gujarat
Teacher shortages have long been a challenge to Gujarat’s education system. To combat this issue, the government introduced an “honorarium scheme” in 2015, which invited visiting faculties to schools. Over the years, this scheme expanded significantly. Under this Gyan Sahayak Scheme, primary school teachers were paid Rs 50 per period, while secondary and higher secondary teachers received Rs 75 and Rs 90 per period, respectively. However, this was only a temporary solution to the pressing problem of teacher vacancies.
The Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana, a recently launched initiative by the Gujarat government, aims to provide financial assistance to impoverished girls. Learn more
Gyan Sahayak Scheme : Overview
|Recruitment Organization||Gujarat School Education Council (GSEC)|
|Scheme Name||Gyan Sahayak Scheme|
|Vacancies||As per requirement|
|Last Date to Apply||04-09-2023|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
|Category||GSEC Recruitment 2023|
The Objective of the Gyan Sahayak Scheme
The primary objective of the Gyan Sahayak Bharti Gujarat 2023 is to fill the vacancies in government schools with dedicated and qualified educators. The scheme is a response to the critical shortage of teachers in many schools across the state, where students’ education was being compromised due to the lack of teaching staff. The key objectives of the scheme can be summarized as follows:
1. Enhancing Education Access: To provide students with the education they deserve, bridging the gap created by the shortage of teachers in schools.
2. Extracurricular Enrichment: To offer students a well-rounded education that includes extracurricular activities, contributing to their holistic development.
3. Preparing for the Future: To equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary for future challenges, including technology and employability.
The government is extending micro-credit support to street vendors impacted by the dual waves of the COVID-19 pandemic through the PM SVANidhi Yojana. Continue reading to explore the details of this scheme.
Key Features of the Gyan Sahayak Scheme
- The Gyan Sahayak Yojana is designed to support Mission Schools of Excellence, government schools, and grant-in-aid schools.
- It aims to recruit 11,500 teachers for secondary and higher secondary schools and 15,000 teachers for primary schools.
- The monthly salary for Gyan Sahayaks varies based on the level of the school: Rs 21,000 for primary school, Rs 24,000 for secondary school, and Rs 26,000 for higher secondary school.
- The scheme allows candidates to select their preferred schools online from Gyan Sahayak School List, and the State Education Department publishes the list based on merit and preference.
- It operates on an 11-month contractual basis, subject to evaluation and potential renewal.
Gyan Sahayak Scheme Eligibility Criteria and Selection
1.As per Gyan Sahayak Yojana, to become a Gyan Sahayak in a primary school, candidates must have passed the Gujarat Examination Board’s Teachers Eligibility Test (TET)-2.
2. For secondary and higher secondary Gyan Sahaks, passing the Teacher Aptitude Test (TAT) is a requirement.
3. Candidates who passed TET-2 more than five years before the scheme’s launch are ineligible.
4. Additionally, primary and secondary school teachers must be under 40 years old, while higher secondary school instructors must be under 42 years old.
5. The Gujarat Examination Board creates a merit list based on TET-2 results, and school-specific lists are then provided to School Management Committees (SMCs) via district education officers.
Discover the PM Yashasvi Yojana, an initiative by the Central Government, providing scholarships of Rs. 75,000 for students who excel academically.
Gyan Sahayak Official Scheme Online Apply
To complete the Gujarat Gyan Sahayak scheme 2023 online application form, follow these steps:
- Begin by visiting the Gyan Sahayak official website at http://gyansahayak.ssgujarat.org/.
- Look for the “Apply Online” or “Online Application” link, typically prominently displayed on the homepage.
- Click on the provided link to access the Gyan Sahayak Official Scheme Online Apply form.
- Fill in the application form with all the necessary information. Ensure that you provide accurate details, including your personal information, educational qualifications, and any other data as requested.
- As specified in the Gyan Sahayak Official Scheme Online Apply form, upload any required documents or certificates.
- If applicable, pay the application fee. The fee amount and payment method details will be available in the official notification.
- Review the information you have entered to confirm its accuracy and completeness.
- Once you are satisfied that the application is correct, electronically submit it through the website.
- After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation or acknowledgment of your application. Make sure to save this for future reference.
- It’s advisable to take a printout of the submitted application form and acknowledgment for your records.
Gyan Sahayak School List 2023
The Gujarat Council of Elementary Education has published the Gyan Sahayak school list as part of the school selection process for Gyan Sahayak (Secondary) positions. You can review the district-wise Gyan Sahayak school list for English, Hindi, and Gujarati medium schools by clicking the links below.
Download Gujarati Medium School List (1st to 5th)
Download Gujarati Medum School List (6th To 8th)
Download English Medium School List (1st To 5th)
Download English Medium School List (6th To 8th)
The Gyan Sahayak Bharti Gujarat 2023 represents a determined effort to address teacher shortages in the state’s schools and provide quality education to its students. While it faced initial opposition and skepticism, the scheme’s potential to enhance education access, support extracurricular enrichment, and prepare students for the future is undeniable.
By recruiting dedicated educators on a contractual basis and providing them with a clear framework, the Gyan Sahayak Bharti Gujarat 2023 is poised to offer temporary relief to the state’s pressing teacher shortages while maintaining the quality of education. As the program continues to evolve, it remains a vital step towards ensuring a brighter future for Gujarat’s students.
Stay updated by regularly checking the Gyan Sahayak official website to know about the selection process and Gyan Sahayak School List.
Also Read on :
- Hindustan ERP: Empowering Education and Unlocking the Potential of Parent Communication Portal
- प्रधानमंत्री छात्रवती योजना [PMSS] छात्रों को हर महीने ₹3000 की स्कॉलरशिप, ऑनलाइन आवेदन, Last Date | PM Scholarship Yojana
Gyan Sahayak Scheme 2023 : FAQs
Q1. What is the Gyan Sahayak Scheme?
The Gyan Sahayak Scheme is an initiative launched by the Government of India, primarily focusing on recruiting young volunteers who are passionate about education to fill teaching vacancies in government schools, particularly in underprivileged areas.
Q2. Why was the Gyan Sahayak Scheme introduced?
The Gyan Sahayak Scheme was introduced to address teacher shortages in government schools and to ensure that every child, regardless of their socio-economic background, has access to quality education.
Q3.Who are Gyan Sahayaks?
Gyan Sahayaks are the young volunteers who join the Gyan Sahayak Scheme to provide additional teaching support in government schools.
Q4. What is the duration of the Gyan Sahayak’s contract?
Gyan Sahayaks typically work on an 11-month contractual basis as per Gyan Sahayak Yojana.
Q5. What levels of education do Gyan Sahayaks cover?
The Gyan Sahayak Yojana covers primary, secondary, and higher secondary levels of education.
Q6. How does the Gyan Sahayak Scheme address teacher shortages?
The scheme appoints Gyan Sahayaks to work as visiting faculty in schools, temporarily filling the vacancies until regular teacher appointments are made.
Q7. Is the Gyan Sahayak Scheme limited to government schools?
The scheme primarily focuses on government and grant-in-aid schools, with special emphasis on Mission Schools of Excellence.
Gyan Sahayak Scheme,Gyan Sahayak yojana,Gyan Sahayak School List,Gyan Sahayak Scheme,Gyan Sahayak yojana,Gyan Sahayak School List,Gyan Sahayak Scheme,Gyan Sahayak yojana,Gyan Sahayak School List,Gyan Sahayak Scheme,Gyan Sahayak yojana,Gyan Sahayak School List,Gyan Sahayak Scheme,Gyan Sahayak yojana,Gyan Sahayak School List